I am a trained Registered General Nurse and Registered Mental Nurse and have worked within the NHS since 1986. I have specialised in Mental health and Addictions for the past 20 years.
Developing my interest I have made a natural progression into Clinical Hypnotherapy. I completed the Hypnotherapy Practitioners Diploma/HPD and the Diploma in Hypnotherapy and Psychotherapy/DHP at The Clifton Practice, Bristol, one of the UK’s leading accredited courses.The HPD is a nationally recognised qualification at level 4 on the National Qualifications Framework; this is an endorsement of the quality, amount and level of learning required to achieve the HPD.
Having spent my career in Mental Health and Addictions, I fully understand the complexities and strains of modern day life. Now, as a Clinical Hypnotherapist, I am committed to helping people to gain positive control of their lives through ‘solution focused’ therapy – concentrating on the future and what can be achieved rather than dwell on the past and on what might have been.
Qualifications and Continuing Professional Development CPD
- Registered General Nurse (RGN)
- Registered Mental Nurse (RMN)
- Hypnotherapy Practitioners Diploma/HPD
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy and Psychotherapy/DHP
- Weight management (Master Class Diploma)GHR Approved CPD 2010
- Hypnotic 'Gastric Stomach' Banding (GHR Approved)
- 'Self Hypnosis for Childbirth' - Clifton Practice 2010
- Solution Focused brief Hypnotherapy. Clifton Practice 2011
- Hypnotic 'Gastric Stomach' Banding (GHR Approved). London College of Clinical Hypnosis 2013
- Currently completing: Solution Focused Supervision Diploma (Level 5)
- Complementary & Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC) Dept. of Health Registered
- The National Council for Hypnotherapy (NCH)
- Nursing & Midwifery Council (NMC)
I am currently training for my Hypnotherapy Practitioner Diploma at The Clifton Practice in Bristol which is the leading hypnotherapy clinic in the South West and I will qualify in December.
I am a student member of the Association of Solution Focused Hypnotherapy (and the National Council for Hypnotherapists (NCH). As a student of this practice and under the supervision of experienced hypnotherapist Sam Luxford, who has been successfully practising for 9 years.
I first found hypnotherapy in 2014 to help deal with a long standing anxiety disorder. After successfully receiving treatment I then took 2 years out where I travelled through Australia and Canada. During my time in Australia I became a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor and a PADI Staff Instructor.
Now back in Scotland, I am looking forward to pursuing my passion in hypnotherapy to help other whilst gaining valuable experience working alongside Sam.